Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ikan oh ikan...bakar ke terbakar?

Got an sms from my pal at the office this morning, she needed me to come in and fill up some "important" forms ( can't reveal waht they are, sorry! ). Earlier I had decided to bakar ikan kerapu for my lunch, a treat konon. Tell you more later.
After completing some chores and making some calls (regarding my wrongly paid januari gaji, can you believe these people!! ) , I drove off to my eX-office ( or is it?? asyik ke sana twice a week, some people think I am still working there). What the heck I love my friends there so what can I say. Lepas dah habis kerja kat opis tu we all ( seven of us, miss having you Sew Keoh ) headed to The Mall. Each of us had a huge plate of Kenny Roger's good for high BP diet chicken yum yum yummy!!( except of course our chicken hater friend who had soup hehe ).
Reached home around 5pm, rushed to the kitchen to bakar my kerapu. The rice was cooked earlier this morning ( remember, I was supposed to have lunch at home ). Took the fish out of the fridge and started rapping it in the daun kunyit ( dah sprinkled a pinch of salt on the fish earlier ). Cepat2 sepit ikan and bakar over the stove flame. While its giving out bau yang sedap, I decided to take my bath and pray. Bila dah selesai cepat2 tutup api dapur and bersiap untuk makan ( by that time baru 6.15pm ).
Mula2 cuba mengeluarkan what looked like fish out of something hitam legam. The daun kunyit would not come off so decided to biarkan ianya melekat kat ikan ( lagi pun bukannya racun and boleh dimakan pun ). Masukkan nasi dalam plate, panaskan menggunakan microwave and bergegas ke meja makan. Bila masukkan saja ke dalam mulut...my God!! that was the worst ikan bakar I have ever tasted in my life ( I am 47 now, so I have tasted alot of ikan bakar ). So the moral of the story is, it is not easy to prepare food to help bring down your BP. The easiest way, at least for my case, is to eat out with your friend and have fun ( by the way, my BP is now 146/80 ). Itulah alkisah ikan kerapu bakar yang tak menjadi....
p/s These people are definitely not having that ikan bakar ( but definitely my cooking ;-)) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah, ada gak rezeki dpt makan ikan kerapu...sedap ke tak sedap belakang kira :))