Monday, January 09, 2006

What am I thinking today ?


It's 10.22am, Monday morning, and I'm looking at my notebook trying to pen down my thoughts. I am just thinking aloud about what I miss most about not working.. let me think!
I miss my friends at the office of course, but why? I don't miss the job that I was doing. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate what I was doing, just that I don't miss not doing them. Now, my friends, what do I miss about you guys? What I missed the most is having the usual conversations with all of you , about work, about people, about life..ours and other people's, about everything under the sun ( or sky ). I miss giving people my point of views ( and listening to theirs as well ). I guess, I miss talking to people, exchanging views and debating on issues.
I miss listening to the "blood-boiling" situations in the work place. Eventhough I hated what it did to my bp but still when you don't get a dose of it every morning you kind of miss it! What I don't miss is of cause WORKING!! I love retiring and having to do what comes to mind ( like writing this blog ) and the peace that I am feeling within myself. But being human ( and a bit selfish ) we want everything that makes us whole and happy. After being with your friends ( and non-friends ) for soo long, I guess it's only normal to miss them from time to time.
I am glad that I choosed to retire when I did 'cos from what I heard everyone is sooo busy this year and it could be even tougher for me if I had stayed. I was just not into the "work" anymore. To all my friends out there, still working, I salute you!
That's what I want to share this morning..

p/s someone wants me to share with you my experience ordering Hailam Seafood Noodle at one restaurant in Shah Alam ( can't remember the name ) so here goes..

We went to this restaurant for dinner and everyone was feeling kind of hungry. I ordered the above and waited for it to be served. Everybody else got what they ordered. When mine came, I saw what I thot was pieces of chicken meat in my black, fat mee. Shocked and annoyed ( at the black, fat noodle ) I asked the waitress whether that was chicken meat in my noodle and where were the seafood ( food coming from animals that live in the sea..) and she told me ( actionly.. hihi ) that, that was how hailam SEAFOOD noodle was prepared here with chicken meat and no prawn or squid. My temperature and bp pun naik serta-merta. She went off before I could react. I called another whether and demanded to know what he understood by the term SEAFOOD?? Without explanation, he took back the dish back and after half an hour later came back with a diluted black, still fat noodle with prawn and squid. I ate all the SEAFOOD but not the noodle. I was pissed off till after dinner when I had to say good bye to my favorite grandniece. That time I was sad 'cos I have to leave her.


A picture tells a thousand words..on the left is the HSN ( which I hated ) and on the right is my grandniece ( which I love ), jangan keliru ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaam Kak Shid,
NiezaA gave me the link to your blog, hope u don't mind..(too late! i already read all of them thus far..hehe)
The wooden floor looks HOT and the bathroom door looks COOL !! The next time i pay a visit to your crib, u leave me no choice but to spend most of my time there in your bedroom, either rolling around on the floor OR duduk menengung* dalam bilik ayaq, admiring the door (oh btw, gambor ayor sungei tu on both sides kan? ermm..otherwise, i'd have to scratch that menengung idea..:(..hmm...hik,hik
Here's looking forward to more insights on kehidupan seorang pesara.. Keep it up! :)

VpeaceV
Ipoh-malee

*menengung = menongkat dagu ala2 that "thinking" statue apakenamanyer tu ;P

ROIS said...

sad to say gambaq tu just on one side..hehe. takpe masa you kat dalam, kita orang boleh menengung kat luar tunggu you siap ;-))

glad you enjoyed reading my blog.