Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Is stress the answer...

Today I went for my follow up at HKL, Endocrine Clinic. It was uneventful except for the fact that they manga the 3 gates leading to UKM side which forced me and my buddy to turn around and walked back to the IMR's main gate in order to reach the destination.
Now, why tell this uneventful part then? Well I figured it will explain some of the masalah I was about to discover later. When we reached there, it took the nurse about 3 minutes to call my name( thus , the not enuff rest from the long walk ). I went up to the nurse ( or rather clerk ), gave my GL and was asked to check my BP at one counter they have ( it was not there before ). I sat down and had a shock of my life, my BP was 165/90 ( he was also shocked, the man who took the BP ). He asked me to stand and did it again ( not the Britney's thing ) and now it was 164/90. He wrote it down and told me to weigh myself.
I went and told him 58.4kg and he wrote, which I discovered later, 68.4kg ( kena pakai spek ke or choked on his tie ) me, 68.4kg??? Anyway, my buddy said " no lah it's your handbag, at least 2kg". True enuff when I weighed myself again ( with another less sophisticated machine ) it was 56.4kg, thank you GOD. Two bad news a day were too much to take ( what with the mee, bihun and paru I already had for breakfast ).
Then masuk jumpa Dr. She said "you are doing well with your thyroid treatment" and I might be able to discontinue my medication if this persist for another 6 months. What a relief! But then again she said," you either get cure completely or develope hypothyroidism" pula!! What a way to go. Let's just pray for the best. Then she added did you know that your cholesterol is high too ( besides the BP, which by the way, she repeated the measurement and it is still high ). I told her I have been eating eggs ( bila malas keluar makan or masak ) and as for the BP, it came as a surprise to me too. She gave some dietary advice and off we went.
You see, the thing I don't understand is, I am a retired government servant with no stress, how come I'm having high BP now? I used to be sooo stressful when I was working but my BP was OK. So, could it be that STRESS is good for ME? I think it's true ( at least, in my case )because the STRESS I have from being a government servant in THAT PLACE where I worked, will always be the TRIGGER for a lot of JOKES and LAUGHTER ( which only I and my people understand ) which resulted in normal BP for me. So listen here my people, if you don't want high BP, then don't retire from there OK!! That's the moral of this story.
p/s btw, that round-about walk I told you earlier, I think is causing my BP to be high ( my theorylah ). That's the moral of that story...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LL tu bodek tu. takleh terima.
sekrg jgn makan daging n paru. take care. Aliza, IMR.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...
gelak bsr ni
pesara BP high
mmg tak jg makan le tu
kalu round satu imr pun nk g hkl
BP bwh (160/90)tak smpi 90 ler
baik ler u dtg jengok kami kat lab
leh jugak tolong bt karyotyping yg senang-senang ler
sambil bt sambil bgossip...
hehehe
Aduh Saliha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

TESTING!